The Touratech Suspension DDA / Plug & Travel suspension set is an absolutely top class suspension system for your BMW R 1200 GS equipped with the BMW DDC system. This premium suspension system is systematically designed for long-distance touring with lots of luggage, on any type of road surface and even off-road. Touratech Suspension DDA / Plug & Travel shock absorbers simply replace the BMW DDC shocks. The existing plug connectors and switches on the handlebar are retained and used as usual. As a result, the Touratech suspension system becomes an integral part of the motorcycle via the original BMW control unit. You can continue to use the various riding mode and load setting configurations on the BMW display. The Touratech suspension system that adapts itself to the adventurer inside you so all you have to do is ride!
This Touratech Suspension DDA / Plug & Travel suspension system is manufactured using the same precision components and parts that have been tried-and-tested in our shock absorbers over thousands of miles of touring, under the most intense conditions. At the heart of this suspension system is the high-performance DDA valve, developed and patented by Tractive. It allows the damping to adjust in fractions of a second to any riding situation. To withstand the rigours of long-distance touring, our shock absorbers have a larger piston diameter, which means a larger oil capacity. This enables better cooling with a high damping frequency. As a result, the shock absorber and damping are more stable and there is less stress on the seals.
Key features and facts for the DDA / Plug & Travel suspension system
- For the rigours of long-distance touring, we use a larger piston diameter and the
* floating piston designallows the oil and nitrogento work separately.
* This achieves optimal heat dissipation under heavy loads while giving the shock absorber
* extremely fine response characteristics.
- Typical for Touratech uses tried-and-tested precision components and parts.
- External reservoir provides extra compression damping adjustment.
* Separate high speed and low speed settings for extremely fine and effective adjustment of the
* semi-active Touratech DDA basic damping setup.
* Example application: Ideal adjustment for long off-road rides with heavy luggage.
* Ideal damping adjustment for journeys on country roads and/or a sporty riding style.
* Enables finer response from semi-active suspension system even with very high damping frequency
* (bad roads, off-road) while still maintaining high shock absorber life expectancy.
- All riding modes and settings options in the BMW R 1200 GS DDC system are fully retained.
- The Touratech DDA / Plug & Travel suspension system is operated via the original BMW handlebar controls.
* Left on handlebar: Road Dynamic Enduro Rain Enduro pro (with BMW coding plug)
* Right on handlebar: settings Normal Solo Solo + luggage 2 people
- In the riding mode you select,
* the road conditions are actively monitored as you ride.
- Your bike's suspension adjusts to maintain perfect balance.
* The lean angle and acceleration sensors on your BMW R 1200 GS are also actively monitored.
- The suspension system adjusts the damping in fractions of a second via the patented DDA valve
* virtually in real-time and is always optimally matched to the prevailing riding conditions.
- This gives you the greatest possible comfort, finest level of feedback and fantastic ride dynamics.
- The Touratech DDA suspension system provides the best possible safety reserves since the
* suspension detects all riding conditions and responds optimally in near real-time.
- Any volume of luggage from a tail bag to a fully loaded luggage system, with or without
* pillion passenger, can be accommodated and the suspension setup easily adjusted via the BMW handlebar controls.
- The Touratech Suspension Plug & Travel suspension system optimally implements the selected riding mode.
- The suspension system described here is designed for a rider's weight including luggage of up to 100 kg.
* Modifications are possible for much heavier loads or other unusual requirements.
- Touratech Suspension DDA Plug & Travel front shock absorber
- Touratech Suspension DDA Plug & Travel rear shock absorber
- Ready to fit with plug connector and wiring
The basic setup fitted here is designed for riders up to 100 kg including luggage. Modifications are possible
for a heavier rider (more than 100 kg) and/or if the bike is usually ridden with a passenger / with luggage. In this case,
we individually modify the shock absorber to meet your needs by fitting a spring with a higher spring rate.
Please fill out our suspension check form and send it back to us.
If you have any further questions, we will be happy to advise you. Contact us.
|More Information 1||Owners Manual|
|More Information 2||Settings|
|Årsmodell från och med||2013|
|Årsmodell till och med||2016|
|Godkänd för allmän väg||Ja|